About the event
Ticino Musica is a meeting of musicians, great Maestros and young promises, coming from every part of the world, in which artistic expression and training are expertly blended to give participants and the public the opportunity to live a 360 ° musical experience.
The Silvio Varviso International Opera Studio is an integral part of the educational and executive programme of our classical music festival in southern Switzerland. The objective is to give young singers the opportunity to study and interpret a specific Opera, so that they can test their abilities as performers and put into play their musical talent.
Through an international call for applications, singers audition to participate in the production of one opera. Two casts are then chosen for the actual Opera Studio so that this valuable opportunity is given to a greater number of young talents.
The musical direction is left in the hands of well-known artists who have managed to gain a place in the international panorama, and who work together with the singers for three weeks in the making of the programmed opera.
To make this experience even more enriching, Ticino Musica invites to the plays specialized opera and singing agencies, and in this sense encourages the young talents to start working in their future careers. In the spirit of Ticino Musica, investing in young singers and conductors and giving them the opportunity to experience real-life scenario is of mandatory importance, especially if one considers that an occasion like this one is rarely given.
Why should you sponsor?
Ticino Musica needs friends
Members of our Circle of friends benefit from the following advantages:
- they can participate to all concerts free of charge (reservation needed for the opera)
- they can be present at the Masterclasses (please organize with the Festival office)
- they can enjoy the exclusive concert during the Circle’s yearly assembly
- they can meet the Festival’s artists personally and feel the Festival’s ambience “from inside”
The members of our Circle of friends support the Festival ideally
- by contributing to the promulgation, development and cultural spirit of the Festival
- by actively supporting new generations of musicians
- by providing accommodation to the participants of the Festival
May be you have other specific ideas and proposals?
The members of our Circle of friends support the Festival financially
- Ordinary members from CHF 100.-
- Young people, apprentices, students from CHF 30.-
- Sponsors from CHF 1’000.-